Last thursday, 2 gay men were arrested for kissing eachother by the Colosseum in Rome! They were charged with "indecent behaviour", and they can actually face jail for up to 2 years (I'm in total shock).

Because of all this, there will be a protestaction this Thursday by the gay rights group Arcigay. The protest will consist of hundreds of gay and lesbian couples kissing eachother. So if you are near Rome on Thursday, please join in.

I never thought a "decent" European country like Italy could have such narrow minded restrictions. Then again, they are Catholic...

5 Comments:

  1. Me. Here. Right now. said...
    Well, when in Rome...I'm game.
    Becky C. said...
    OUTRAGEOUS--and in Italy too--but the Catholic Church still has a lot of pull there.

    I wish I could join in tis protest--well I just love visiting Italy:)

    ~Becky
    Dimis said...
    I'm quite shocked actually, would never expect that from Italy. Which brings me to what becky c. wonderfully said...the cause of all evil is in fact Catholic Church. Apparently they can't spill blood no more (see 4th Crusade when they killed thousands of Orthodox X-tians) so they spill hate to anything different.
    Anonymous said...
    I thought it was only in america that things were that bad...that's ridiculous.
    Raven said...
    Those damn Catholics! How intolerant can you get? I'm shocked and amazed that these two are facing jail time for something so inoccuous (or however you spell it) as kissing in public!

Post a Comment



Add to Technorati Favorites Bust Gay and Lesbian Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory CelebritySkank Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blog Search, Blog Directory Personal blogs Personal blogs Top Blogs Blogger Chicks Top100 Bloggers - Top Blog Directory - Blog Top list

Top Personligt bloggar Directory of GLBT Blogs blog directory

 

Blogger Template by Adam Every | Defenceless Queerling 2007-2008